Summary of the position:
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: The Welder performs different welding with the Flux-core process (FCAW); he must interpret the welding symbols and perform air-arc.
- Semi-automatic welding using 1/16″ ou 3/32″ flux-core wire (FCAW), mainly flat and horizontal positions;
- Scraping and grinding of the welded pièces.
- To work as a Welder you must be a registered apprentice as Welder or Welder Wire Process Operator, or hold a valid trade certificate with Journeyman status in either of those two branches of Welding.
- Possess a Fluxcore welding certification, or be able to obtain it.
- Ensure the Health & Safety of yourself and all workers at all times.
- Carry out your work in an acceptable safe manner as not to create a hazard to your health and safety of your fellow co-workers, plant superintendant, or management.
Requirements and conditions:
- The work is physically demanding
- Good coordination
- Manual dexterity
- The ability to work in close quarters
- Work in the shop.
- Work a 40-hour week with some overtime required to meet construction or fabrication deadlines.
- There is always some risk of injury involved in working with overhead crane steel movement, moving parts with machinery and power tools.
Any job description has to be interpreted in a non-limitative manner; that is to say, it includes automatically any task reasonably required to carryout the duties of an assigned position adequately, as well as any task that the superior(s) may ask to do.
In Supermétal , we work superprojects in superterms with superteam. We enjoy our superrelation working, our supertraining and our superjob stability.