Summary of the position:
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: The Welding inspector is responsible for the compliance of the product with the standards, at every step of its fabrication, from assembly to welding.
- Assembled piece : Check all the pieces and dimensions according to the required standards before they are punched and welded;
- Welded piece : Check all weldings to insure they conform to the welding specifications, with no defect;
- Coordinate his work in such a way as to follow the established manufacturing priorities;
- Assist the workers in the correction of the recurrent defects;
- Support the management and the workers when internal or external audits are made, make sure they understand the standards, look after the smooth running and the implementation of the standards.
- Work as a fitter in the steel structure industry;
- Level II Inspector certification (W59/178.2)
Requirements and conditions:
- Accurate vision, detail oriented
- Use of different measure tools
- Thourough capacity at interpreting blue prints
- The ability to work in close quarters
- Work in the shop.
- Work a 40-hour week with some overtime required to meet construction or fabrication deadlines.
- There is always some risk of injury involved in working with overhead crane steel movement, moving parts with machinery and power tools.
Any job description has to be interpreted in a non-limitative manner; that is to say, it includes automatically any task reasonably required to carryout the duties of an assigned position adequately, as well as any task that the superior(s) may ask to do.
In Supermétal , we work superprojects in superterms with superteam. We enjoy our superrelation working, our supertraining and our superjob stability.